Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another view.....

"Meetings are a symptom of bad organization. The fewer meetings the better. " ...(Peter Drucker)

Actually, I didnt realize I had proved the Rt Honorable Mr Peter Drucker of "management" fame wrong.

Our blogger meeting in the Bay Area was actually supremely well organized, more so, as the participating folks had not set eyes on each other before. The younger one drove up on the dot, at the appointed time; we reached the dinner venue just before the tables filled up and the waiting list started filling up, and we left and returned home at what would universally be considered a decent approved time. Both wishing it could have been a longer meeting....

One needs to be grateful for these delightful opportunities to meet fellow bloggers. Actually , with a slight modification, even the Atharva Veda could be seen to agree

"In the villages and in the wilderness, in the assembly-halls, that are upon the earth; in the gatherings, and in the meetings, (possibly in the Bay Area), may we hold forth agreeably to thee.....


I wrote my impressions earlier. I just came across the post by the younger one....

Enjoy her post....


(This post written at HongKong Airport , on my way back home. Several folks like me standing and shuffling from foot to foot as they check out stuff on the free terminals provided. There is an 8 hour wait for me before my flight to Mumbai. . And I just saw how "login" looks in Chinese . Or is it Mandarin ? .....:-)

7 comments:

  1. that was a lovely account of the meeting.

    it is nice whne you get an opportuniy to meet bloggers, the world just doesn't seem big enough then

    hope you had a wonderful holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thats wonderful.. that you were able to meet some more e-friends :)

    Have a good journey and here's looking forward to some more posts about your travel... Hope you had a good time.

    ~Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so you haven't reached yet. And when u commented on my post i thought how come you reached so early.
    BTW when you reach home can you please send me the snap that we clicked. Forgot to mention before we left.

    Hope you had a wonderful stay and flight back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! An eight hour wait before a very long flight. I am sure when you finally arrive home totally exhausted you will head straight for bed. Next time perhaps you should do what my well traveled friend does; spend overnight in a hotel where he changes planes before continuing on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hongkong is good for shopping. You could use those 8 hrs.:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky you are to have met fellow bloggers. One day I hope to do the same. Thank you for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how great you got to meet some bloggers, wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete